HEALTH AND SAFETY
» Drug, Devices, and Supplements
» Physician Accountability
» Consumer Product Safety
» Worker Safety
» Health Care Delivery
» Auto and Truck Safety
» Global Access to Medicines
» Infant Formula Marketing
More Information on Orlistat (Alli, Xenical)
- Petition to Ban Orlistat (Alli, Xenical), April 14, 2011
- Supplement to Petition to Ban Diet Drug Orlistat (Xenical), June 5, 2006
- Petition to Ban Diet Drug Orlistat (Xenical), April 10, 2006
- Testimony on Possible Switch of Orlistat (Xenical) to OTC Status, January 23, 2006
- Testimony on Orlistat (Xenical), May 14, 1997
Petition to Ban Orlistat (Alli, Xenical)
April 14, 2011
View document as pdf.
Public Citizen petitions the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to immediately ban both the prescription drug, Xenical (orlistat; Hoffman-La Roche), and the over-the-counter (OTC) drug, Alli (orlistat; GlaxoSmithKline), because they expose patients to serious risks that greatly outweigh their minimal clinical benefits.
December 16, 2013, FDA denial of petition.