Brand names: Alli, Xenical
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More Information on Orlistat (Alli, Xenical)
- Petition to Ban Orlistat (Alli, Xenical), April 14, 2011
- Supplement to Petition to Ban Diet Drug Orlistat (Xenical), June 5, 2006
- Petition to Ban Diet Drug Orlistat (Xenical), April 10, 2006
- Testimony on Possible Switch of Orlistat (Xenical) to OTC Status, January 23, 2006
- Testimony on Orlistat (Xenical), May 14, 1997